At Kiker Wealth Management, our biggest strength is investment management and risk management. Because risk is everywhere, and the global picture is changing rapidly, we take a Tactical Asset Management approach to investing. Here is what we mean:
- Risk and Reward Go Hand-In-Hand with Investments: Because risk is a natural part of investing, our investment strategy is designed to measure, manage and help mitigate risk. To ascertain the overall risk in the market, we use a method of technical analysis that measures the supply and demand relationship for more than 40 broad sectors of the market. Further analysis enables us to determine which asset classes we believe will present the greatest momentum and growth potential. We believe risk and volatility are NOT the same thing.
- Markets Change and We Need to Adapt: A good investment strategy adapts to economic and market opportunities to help keep your portfolio moving forward. We do not have a crystal ball to tell us how the markets will perform from day to day, but we do have an educated knowledge of underlying trends that drive the returns of stocks, bonds, currencies and commodities. We are not trying to “time the market.” We take considered action when trends shift in order to take advantage of changing economic and market conditions. Read more about adapting to market conditions.
- Making Money is Important, but Protecting Money is Essential: When risk levels are low, we want to be in a wealth-accumulation mode to capture as much of the market’s upside as possible. However, there will inevitably be times when the market goes down and risk is high. So we move into a wealth preservation mode and seek to avoid severe drops and help safeguard your hard-earned savings.
- Buy-and-Hold Is Not Enough for Most Investors: The typical American investor has only 15-30 years of accumulating before they will need to access their money – those who are retired have 0 years – making the traditional buy-and-hold philosophy, which was based on 80-100 year cycles, insufficient. We believe investors need to move away from autopilot and be more active with their portfolio in order to take advantage of market ups and downs.
- Emotion Is the Enemy of Investing: Often the most detrimental investment decisions are made based on strong emotional reactions rather than informed reason. We understand that it is human-natural for investors to experience a range of emotions. However, we strive to help you maintain perspective and make educated decisions based on your long-term financial goals.
- Stick to Your Strategy and Avoid Chasing Returns: The average portfolio underperforms because investors single-mindedly chase performance, often causing them to buy too high and ending up with a low return. We work with you to design an investment strategy to meet your unique goals and then we help you stick to it – making tactical and strategic adjustments based on informed analysis and market considerations.
NOTE: It is important to recognize that no strategy assures success or protects against loss.